Can you answer YES to these questions…?
- Do you manage to produce more and faster without increasing the risk of error in your quotations and delivery?
- Do you capitalize on your knowledge and best practices and reuse existing elements?
- Do you have traceability throughout the product’s development process from start to finish?
- Can you provide your customers with tailored machines that meet their specific needs?
- Are you able to work and fully cooperate with all your stakeholders around the world on the same project?
If you’ve answered YES to all these questions, your manufacturing process is perfect and you have nothing to do here! Why not share your best practices with us?
However, If you’ve hesitated before answering or even answered no to some questions, you should probably keep reading.
In order to transform your company into a more efficient manufacturing organization and say YES to all questions above, there are a few things you need to know:
In the age of the 4th Industrial Revolution, a new way of thinking from design to manufacturing is impacting industrial equipment companies.
The 4th Industrial Revolution is all about Social, Smart and Flexible production with high value added services.
No need to worry, all this is new, so you haven’t missed anything!
However if you’ve responded YES to some of the questions, then maybe your company is using an Engineered-To-Order (ETO) approach, which is costly and complex. There are lots of solutions to improve and optimize this ETO process.
Here are some key points you may not want to miss…
- Transform your product architecture into a modular one
- Develop a strategy to reuse items and best practices
- Empower all disciplines of the company to work together at the same time on the same project
Still not convinced? Find out more about improving your manufacturing processes,
in our free on-demand webinar here.